1. On January 26, the Foreign Ministry published adverts to recruit, for embassies in several cities abroad: a) Ambassadors b) Consuls-general c) Interpreters
2. On February 9, a bomb blast hit the editorial offices of: a) Blitz b) Galeria c) Frognews
3. The fine for failing to take part in Bulgaria’s Census 2011 was: a) 120 leva b) 200 leva c) 2000 leva
4. In February, France’s former president Jacques Chirac was made an honorary citizen of: a) Sofia b) Skopje c) Sarajevo
5. The identity of the person who in 2011 was caught after hiding under the false name of Milorad Komadic was: a) Goran Hadzic b) Ratko Mladic c) Muammar Gaddafi
6. In February, Prime Minister Boiko Borissov said that Bulgarians should emulate Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov by: a) Helping to catch criminals b) Giving up smoking c) Having more babies
7. Between February 2010 and February 2011, the price of cooking oil in Bulgaria increased by: a) 42 per cent b) 52 per cent c) 62 per cent
8. According to EU statistics, the number of third-country nationals living in the bloc in 2011 was: a) 20 million b) 30 million c) 50 million
9. Bulgaria brought "Schengen-style" passport stamps into use at its border checkpoints on: a) January 1 b) March 3 c) April 1
10. According to Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency head Sergei Tsochev, the design of the nuclear power station at Belene would allow it to withstand an earthquake, on the Richter scale, of: a) Five b) Seven c) Nine
11. According to Sofia chief architect Petar Dikov, buildings in Sofia are designed to withstand earthquakes, on the Richter scale, of: a) 6.5 b) 7.5 c) 8.5
12. In 2011, the fine for an individual who smokes in the non-smoking section of a restaurant in Bulgaria was: a) 50 to 300 leva b) 80 to 400 leva c) 90 to 500 leva
13. The National Statistics Institute reported in April that census-takers had found the following number of villages in Bulgaria to be entirely deserted: a) 186 b) 286 c) 386
14. On May 18, Transport Minister Alexander Tsvetkov was fired. Who replaced him? a) Lilyana Pavlova b) Ivailo Moskovski c) Diana Kovacheva
15. An individual caught employing a foreigner illegally in Bulgaria faces a first-offence fine of: a) 500 to 5000 leva b) 700 to 7000 leva c) 900 to 9000 leva
16. On July 3, Bulgarian Orthodox Church head Patriarch Maxim officiated at a celebration of the anniversary of his enthronement. Which anniversary? a) 40th b) 50th c) 60th
17. The billboards of which presidential candidate promised "I will fire Boiko Borissov"? a) Volen Siderov b) Ivailo Kalfin c) Atanas Semov
18. An August survey by the Noema agency found that the problem that most bothered people living in Sofia was: a) Refuse b) Street dogs c) Air pollution
19. According to the Central Election Commission, the percentage of votes won by the Ivailo Kalfin-Stefan Danailov ticket in the second round of presidential elections was: a) 43.24 b) 46.47 c) 47.42
20. President-elect Rossen Plevneliev said that on taking office, his first act would be: a) To sign pension reform legislation b) To sign the recall of certain ambassadors c) To change the sign on his door
Sofia Echo Media is part of the Economedia Group.
The news and information content on this website is provided by our editorial team and is copyrighted.
Any unauthorised reproduction or use of it is strictly forbidden. Reproduction of this website's content is permitted only
with prior written permission from the Editor-in-Chief, should be propertly acredited and provide an active link back to our site.
Comments posted by the website's visitors are independent of the editorial materials and do not represent the views of sofiaecho.com.
Sofia Echo Media cannot be held responsible for the statements contained in visitor comments.
The percentаge change in the shares' prices are based on the price of the last transaction of the current session compared to the
price of the last transaction of the previous session. Bulgarian Stock Exchange data is not real-time, but updated every 15 minutes,
and should not be used as a basis for decisions about buying or selling stock options.